The first Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich firmware build XXLQ5 was leaked online few days ago for Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 and we posted an instructional guide on how to flash Android 4.0.4 ICS build XXLQ5 on Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100. This update leads to improvement in performances and smoothness then previous version. So to gain more out of this we must gain superuser right by rooting the device running on build XXLQ5. Now which is possible because XDA Elite Recognized Developer Chainfire who has developed and released the CF-kernel for the build XXLQ5 which can be easily flashed with the help of Odin to root Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 running on Android 4.0.4 build XXLQ5, it also install's Clockwork Mod recovery.
This instructional guide must be only used with Samsung Galaxy S2,GT-I9100 running on build XXLQ5 don't use with other devices.Use these instructions at your own risk we will not be held responsible for whatever happen to your phone. It is provided only for instructional and educational purposes.Requirements
- Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 running on Android 4.0.4 ICS build XXLQ5 firmware
- Backup all your important data from your phone.
- Enable USB debugging on your Galaxy S2
- A computer running on windows and loaded with proper required driver. You can get this driver if you have kies cd that is provided with your device else you can download it from device manufacturar site or from here 32-bit (x86) Windows | 64-bit (x64) Windows and install it before proceeding.
- You will need Odin3 v1.85 (Odin3-v1.85.zip) and CF-Root Kernel ( CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_LQ5-v5.6-CWM5.zip ) download it on your computer and keep it safe.
Instructions to root the Galaxy S2
- As you have already Downloaded Odin and CF-Root Kernel from the above link now you need to extract it using a file manager like winrar or winzip. when you will extract CF-Root Kernel you will get "CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_LQ5-v5.5-CWM5.tar" file and on extracting Odin3-v1.85.zip you will have Odin3 v.1.85.exe.
- Turn your phone off and reboot it in download mode to enter download mode press an hold Volume Down key, Home button, and Power button together and when “Warning!” screen appears, press the Volume Up key to enter Download Mode.
- Now lunch Odin3 v1.85.exe on computer by double clicking on it . when the odin gets lunched click on the PDA button and navigate to the folder where you have extracted CF-Root Kernel and select the CF-Root-SGS2_XX_OXA_LQ5-v5.5-CWM5.tar file. Let rest of the setting default on Odin
- Now connect your galaxy S2 to computer via USB cable once it get conned you will see a message“Added!” in Odin’s lower left screen.If n try to re-install the driver and try again.
- If your device is connected successfully and you received the “Added!” message click on START button in Odin to flash the CF-Root Kernel.
- When the flashing is completed your device will reboot automatically. In case if it gets stuck repeat the process above again.
Congratulations! now you have Rooted Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 running Android 4.0.4 ICS build XXLQ5.