Recently Sony has added an excellent product in it Xperia series known as Sony Xperia Tipo.This smartphone is powered with 800 MHz Qualcomm Scorpion processor, and runs on Android v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) has an internal memory of 2.5GB, expandable up to 32GB.So here is a easy instructional guide how to root Sony Xperia Tipo ST21i and unlock the bootloader. So that you can easily install the custom Rom on you device. Get full specification of Xperia tipo Here.
Use this instructional guide at your own risk If anything goes wrong and bricked the device, then we will not be responsible. Rooting a device losses its warranty.
- Sony Xperia Tipo
- Computer Running on windows with all driver installed
- USB cable
- Rooting package (not mirrored) Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v3.rar
- Download the Tipo rooting package "Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v3.rar" from the requirements section of this post and save it in your computer say at Desktop or any drive.
- Now extract the downloaded file "Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v3.rar" with the help of extractor software say winzip or winrar. After the extraction is over you will find one file "RunMe.bat" and one folder "stuff" as shown in picture below:
- Now connect Sony Xperia Tipo via USB cable to computer and open "RunMe.bat" file.
- Now type number ’4’ and press enter from keyboard as shown in picture below:
- Now let the rooting process to be completed on completion you will revive the prompt message that the Xperia Tipo is rooted.
- Then detach the cable and run root checker app to confirm that the device is rooted If the app confirms that ti is rooted then OK if not the follow the steps provided above again.
Congratulation! You have successfully rooted your Sony Xperia Tipo ST21i. Now you have superuser right on your device and can install the apps which require root access.